Stanford Home Centers are proud to be your partner for all of your home improvement projects.
In a day and age of cold and impersonal Big Box stores, Stanford still clings to the values, ethics and service ideals that we hold true:
The customer is always first.
If we don’t know the answer, we will find it for you.
We stand behind our products, our work, and our people.
We carry the finest brands, so you can rely on getting the job done right – the first time.
And we are proud of OUR people – many of whom have been with us for decades. Our folks adhere to the ideals it takes to be a Stanford employee:
We thank you for using our site, and we invite you to come in to the store anytime. We will be there, happy to help you with your next home improvement project!
We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express
• The name “Stanford” was first adopted back in 1939 when Stanley Piekarski, a carpenter by trade, built his first model home on a portion of land in Washington Township, Pennsylvania.
• Stanford was arrived at by contracting the words “Stanley go forward”, and the model home was christened “Stanford Acres.”
• Faced with a weak economy and no qualified buyers, Stanley decided to move into the model home with his wife, Tillie, and their three children; Robert, Lorraine and Carl.
• A short time later, a woodworking shop was attached to the basement portion of the house for the production of interior wood staircases and wood moldings by the Piekarski family on a part-time basis. The name “Wood Mold Products Company” was used for a period of time until additional expansion in facilities and product offering occurred.
• In 1952, the name was changed to “Stanford Lumber Company” and in 1959 we moved to our Apollo location. This site had rail car unloading and some existing buildings which still remain today.
• In 1967, a second location was established in Holiday Park and was known as “ The Stanford Building Center.” This location flourished until a disastrous fire leveled the entire facility on December 22, 1972. Undaunted by this major setback and encouraged by the business activity in the Holiday Park area, a new site was selected for the construction of an even larger store. The name “Stanford Home Center” was chosen for this new facility.
• In 1976 a third location was added (an existing car dealership converted to what we call our ‘Leechburg store’ at Weinel’s Crossroads in Allegheny Township).
• From these early beginnings in Washington Township, Stanford has grown to two home centers and one distribution center employing well over 100 employees with a strong look to the future.
Free rental with Owens Corning Attic Cat
Free Rental with Owens Corning Attic Cat with any 10 bag purchase of blow-in insulation
AuRA® Matte Waterborne Interior Paint
See color like you've never seen it before - discernibly truer, richer hues that bring a new dimension of beauty to your home. Experience premium performance in a paint with incredible hide, and fade and color rub-off resistance.
Holiday Park Store Location
2001 Route 286 - Plum Boro, PA 15239
Phone: (724) 327 - 6800
Fax: (724) 327 - 9302
Leechburg Store Location
1173 State Rte 356 - Leechburg, PA 15656
Phone: (724) 845 - 8104
Fax: (724) 845 - 1008